Pages

Saturday, August 2, 2014

The Hair Factor: 'Be Curly'

Hello lovelies! Today I am coming to you with something that is very near and dear to my heart: hair care! This is a product that I have been using for years and I swear by it.
 

My opinion: 'Be Curly' is by the wonderful people at Aveda and I absolutely LOVE it. I have tried all kinds of gels, serums and even home remedies to get more definition and longer wear in my curls but nothing seemed to work. Some did define my curls, but I looked like a prepubescent boy that had gone a little crazy with the hair gel. My hair was stiff as a board! Others just flat out didn't work. That's when my poor hair was either yanked through a flat iron or shoved up into a pony tail.... Until one fateful day when I mentioned to my hair dresser that it was difficult for me to wear my hair naturally. Immediately after my appointment she brought me to the front of the salon and showed me this product. It's not too expensive, so I figured I'd try it out. (best decision I've ever made) Ever since, I have been able to wear my hair naturally, and have not had to worry about my curls becoming misshapen or too frizz-tastic. This product doesn't make your hair crunchy either, so your hair will twirl-able and touch-able all day long! It's also smells quite nice, which is just an added bonus!

Hot to use: After I get out of the shower, I let my hair dry for about a half hour before applying the product. Now I have quite thick hair so, if you have thinner hair that dries fast, you might want to apply the product earlier. This is only because if your hair is too dry when you apply it, then the product won't give you it's best results. I squirt about a penny sized glob into my hand and rub my hands together before raking my fingers through my damp hair. I always make sure to get the ends of my hair to, so that they have a little help curling too. The next step is the simplest: just let it dry! If you live in a super humid area, like me, some hair spray or another defrizzing agent might be necessary, but that's only on those 90% humidity or above days.

Well, I hope you try this product out. Let me know how it works for you!


No comments: